Meal kits are a great way to serve your family varied meals on a daily basis. Someone else does all the planning and shopping for you. First seen at Fayette Woman Live in September 2018, we are giving you a more efficient and cheaper way to provide your own meal kits just the way you like them. Find tips, shopping list and additional recipes here: DIY Meal Kits
This is a great Meatless Monday Soup, delicious year-round and is the Day 1 recipe in the DIY Meal Prep. Start the recipe in a slow cooker and you can effortless pull together a tasty evening meal.
- 3 lb. Butternut Squash or 8 cups diced, peeled and seeded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk, full fat is best but you can use light
- 3 Tbsp. Red Thai Curry Paste (available in Asian food section)
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Cilantro (optional)
- Place the diced squash, onion, broth and salt in the slow cooker. Cook for 8-10 hours on low or 4-6 on high.
- Remove the lid and puree with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender. Return to slow cooker. Stir in coconut milk and Thai curry paste. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro.