The Newnan Junior Service League (NJSL) is pleased to announce the sale of its award-winning cookbooks, A Taste of Georgia, A Taste of Georgia – Another Serving, and Simply Southern, to support the organization’s community outreach efforts in Coweta County. Enjoy this delicious Broccoli Casserole by Mrs. William F. Lee (Parky). Perfect for company, bridge club, or church suppers has been published in the original A Taste of Georgia.
First published in 1977, A Taste of Georgia is more than just a cookbook; it is a piece of history, featuring recipes from NJSL members, their friends and families, along with notable Georgia restaurants such as the Cloister at Sea Island and notable Georgians such as former First Lady Rosalynn Carter. With more than 300,000 copies in circulation, this cookbook is a taste of Southern cooking at its best, complete with cooking tips and special interest sections, including cake decorating and napkin folding.
- 3 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10 3?4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 teaspoons grated onion
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- ¾ cup Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook broccoli 5 minutes.
- Drain and spread in bottom of 2 or 3-quart casserole.
- Mix soup, onion, mayonnaise, eggs and pour over broccoli in the casserole.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs on top.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Casserole may be assembled ahead of time.