Meal kits are a great way to serve your family varied meals on a daily basis. Someone else does all the planning and shopping for you. First seen at Fayette Woman Live in September 2018, we are giving you a more efficient and cheaper way to provide your own meal kits just the way you like them. Find tips, shopping list and additional recipes here: DIY Meal Kits
This zesty shrimp dish is a perfect midweek treat! It is fancy enough for company too. Remember to pull the shrimp out of the freezer the night before to thaw in the refrigerator.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil (Madagascar Black Peppercorn
- Olive Oil from Branch & Vine)
- 1 ½ lbs. shrimp, jumbo, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups diced tomatoes in puree (16oz can)
- ¼ cup dry white wine (substitute vegetable stock)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- Heat 3 cups of the cooked quinoa.
- Warm olive oil in large skillet and cook onion until soft.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, wine, cayenne pepper and half of the parsley.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add shrimp, cook for 8 minutes. Stir.
- Spoon over quinoa and sprinkle with remaining parsley.