Who knew? Some of your favorite Mexican dishes offer an array of cancer fighting properties! This Recipe for healthy Mexican-Coleslaw is delicious and good for you!
Cancer survivors went on a tour of Mexico, exploring native foods and their nutritional benefits, at a nutrition workshop offered at Piedmont Fayette Hospital’s Cancer Wellness center in January, 2011. Guided by personal chef Nancy Jaworski, owner of My Chef Nancy, the group learned how to “Fight Cancer With a Fiesty Fiesta.”
Too good to confine to a one-night stand, Fayette Woman brings you Chef Nancy’s collection of healthy Mexican recipes.
For information about upcoming Cancer Wellness classes and events, contact Piedmont Fayette Hospitals Cancer Wellness website.
- 6 cups very thinly sliced green cabbage (about ½ head)
- 1½ cups peeled and grated carrots (2-3 medium)
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place cabbage and carrots in a colander; rinse thoroughly
- with cold water to crisp. Let drain for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk cilantro, vinegar, oil and salt in a large
- bowl. Add cabbage and carrots; toss well to coat.