From road trips to grandma’s house to once-in-a-lifetime treks across the globe, nothing rejuvenates the spirit quite like travel. Now vacation memories can be shared for years to come with simple, do-it-yourself projects. Some of your best memories are made while traveling, so honor them with keepsake crafts that you can make uniquely yours. Travel keepsake decor is a great way to capture and preserve all of the wonderful places you’ve visited, as well as creating a great conversation piece for all who visit your home. Whether it’s a postcard or a sea shell, make use of knickknacks you’ve picked up on your journeys and incorporate them into a piece of art you and your family can cherish. Whether you want to build anticipation for the little ones for an upcoming trip or just want a cute reminder of things to stow away in the suitcase, these engaging projects, created by the crafting experts at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft stores, will have you longing for your next great adventure.
Travel Countdown Board
Crafting time: 1-2 hours
Skill level: No experience necessary
Supplies and Tools:
- Decoupage Travel paper
- Framed chalkboard
- Paint markers
- Clothespin of choice
- Scrapbook travel embellishments
- Double-sided adhesive
- Decoupage travel paper to frame of chalkboard and allow to dry.
- Draw countdown calendar spaces and words using paint markers, paintbrushes and ruler. Allow to dry.
- Tie twine around chalk and then through clothespin.
- Use adhesive to attach clothespin to board in place desired.
- Add travel embellishments as desired.
- Use chalk to fill in blanks.