Homemade Gummies are favorites of runners and exercise enthusiasts because of their protein and instant energy. It just happens to be that kids love these too, so much better than gummy bears. Fresh fruit and juice make them delish! These gummies come to us from Wellness Mama.
- ½ cup gelatin powder (unflavored)
- 2 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 2 cups fruit juice (I used cranberry juice)
- 1 cup fresh or defrosted frozen berries, pureed
- Place juice and sweetener in a small saucepan and bring to a very light simmer.
- Whisk in dried gelatin slowly and completely, or combine with an immersion blender.
- Pour the mixture into molds or into a prepared 9x13 pan (lightly greased with coconut oil or lined with parchment).
- Refrigerate until completely set, about 3 hours.
- Use small cookie cutters or just cut into 1½ inch squares.