OK, it is summertime and we are filling our vessels with wonderful seasonal vegetables and using good clean oils and fresh flavors. Now for the over the top, cheat part of the meal! Garlic Knots! Kids are wonderful helpers with this chore. YUM!
- 1 pound of pizza dough (I get mine from Publix in the bakery cooler)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley (minced)
- Prepare a sheet pan by lining it with parchment or lightly oiling it. Press cold dough into an 8 inch round. Cut into 4 pieces. Roll each of those pieces into a 5 inch, by 4-inch rectangle. Cut strips that are about 1 inch by 2 ½ inches. Tie the strips into knots. Continue with the rest of the dough and place on a sheet pan about 1-2 inches apart. Brush with olive oil. Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Let rise for 90 minutes to 3 hours until about double in size. Preheat oven to 400. Bake the knots for 12-15 minutes or until brown and puffy.
- While the knots are baking put a small saucepan on a low flame. Add butter, garlic, and parsley. Simmer for 4-5 minutes to cook the garlic.
- Remove the knots from the oven and brush them with the garlic butter.