Veggies and Chicken Souvlaki:
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast diced into chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup B&V UP medium Intensity EVOO (or use your favorite B&V olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons B&V Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon Barrel Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 3 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon S.A.L.T Sister pink Himalayan salt + 1 teaspoon Bourbon Barrel Lemon Pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary (optional)
- 2 red pepper cut into fourths
- 1 inch zucchini sliced into 1/4 rounds
- 1 inch small eggplant sliced 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 batch tzatziki, use your favorite or find it @branchandvinecooks.com
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- warmed pita bread for serving
- 2 tablespoons B&V Butter Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta (use gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup white or brown basmati or jasmine rice
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs or 2 tablespoons basil pesto (recipe at branchandvinecooks.com)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
In a medium size bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, smoked paprika, dill, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the chicken to a gallon size Ziplock bag and pour half the marinade over the chicken. Toss well, making sure the chicken is completely coated in the seasonings. Place in the fridge. Add the veggies to a bowl and toss with the remaining marinade. Set aside.
To make the rice: Heat a 10-12 inch sided skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and orzo pasta. Allow the pasta to get slightly golden and toasted, (about 2 minutes). Add the rice and toast the rice another 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds longer or until the garlic is fragrant. Slowly pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium high heat.
Grab your rosemary and strip the herbs away from its woody stem. Thread the chicken onto the rosemary stems (or just use skewers), placing them on a plate as you go.
Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side, gently flipping 2-3 times until chicken is cooked through and has light char marks. While the chicken is grilling, grill the zucchini and eggplant slices for about 4 minutes on each side, or until tender. Grill the red peppers for about 5 minutes flipping once or twice during cooking. You may also use a grill pan to do this, or even just cook everything on the stove. Remove everything from the grill.
Fluff the rice with a fork and then stir in the kalamata olives, pine nuts and fresh herbs.
Divide the rice among plates or bowls. Add some grilled veggies and tomatoes to each plate and then 1-2 chicken skewers. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve with warm pita bread.
Newnan – Ashley Park (340 Newnan Crossing Bypass | 770.253.3003)
Peachtree City – Westpark Walk (504 Commerce Drive | 770.892.1424)