Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
- 4 Walmart Choice Premium T-bone Steaks
- 1 head roasted garlic (roast garlic in oven until golden brown and soft to mash)
- 4 tablespoons Everglades seasoning (available at Walmart)
- 1 teaspoon coffee, ground
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Combine all dry rub ingredients. Set aside.
Rub each steak with an equal portion of roasted garlic paste on front and back. To prevent burning, do not get garlic paste on bone.
Divide dry rub seasoning for four steaks and thoroughly rub each steak. Place in food storage container in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours. This can be done up to one day in advance.
Preheat grill using Kingsford charcoal, until briquets are consistently ashed over.
Remove steaks from refrigerator and let come to room temperature.
Put steaks on grill; leave in one position on direct heat for 4 to 5 minutes, rotating to get nice grill marks and even flavor profile. Follow this timeline for medium rare.
Recipe created by Chef Eric Lackey of Flamestone American Grill in Oldsmar, Fla. on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford charcoal and Coca-Cola.