Meal kits are a great way to serve your family varied meals on a daily basis. Someone else does all the planning and shopping for you. First seen at Fayette Woman Live in September 2018, we are giving you a more efficient and cheaper way to provide your own meal kits just the way you like them.
Here is a four-day week meal plan which is almost completely prepped on the weekend in 90 minutes or less. After that, it takes 10 minutes or less to pull these meals together plus cook time on the week nights.
Follow DIY Meal Kit Prep Tips.
Download the SHOPPING LIST here and find the four recipes linked below
DIY Meal Kit PREP TIPS
- Shop for all ingredients per shopping list.
- Pull out all produce to be processed. Onions, butternut squash, peppers, eggplant, etc.
- Pull out 4 plates (I use paper), one for each meal. Label each plate with recipe title.
- Chop 2 medium yellow onions. Divide among the plates, per the recipe.
- Continue with the additional produce.
- Make 6 cups of Quinoa. Refrigerate.
- Create containers for each recipe.
- Refrigerate all ingredients together for each recipe in the refrigerator.
In the morning, place butternut squash, onion, and vegetable stock in the crock pot and place on low. Follow the recipe.
Day 2: Chicken Souvlaki with Quinoa
In the morning or mid day, place the cut up chicken in the marinade bag in the Chicken recipe box.
In the evening, proceed with the recipe for Chicken Souvlaki with Quinoa.
You will be cooking all of the chicken but removing the equivalent of one chicken breast after cooking for night number 4. Wrap the cooked chicken and place it in the Spinach and Chicken Braid container.
After dinner, remove the shrimp from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator along with the ingredients for the Shrimp in Tomato Sauce recipe.
Proceed with the shrimp recipe.
Dice cooked chicken and follow Greek Braid recipe.