Meal kits are a great way to serve your family varied meals on a daily basis. Someone else does all the planning and shopping for you. First seen at Fayette Woman Live in September 2018, we are giving you a more efficient and cheaper way to provide your own meal kits just the way you like them. Find tips, shopping list and additional recipes here: DIY Meal Kits
This is my husband’s favorite dinner! It looks fancy but is so easy to put together.
If you are following the DIY Meal Kit plan, use the leftover chicken from the souvlaki dish or any leftover chicken. Rotisserie chicken works great in this too.
- 3 10-oz. packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed out dry
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and diced
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup Monterey Jack Cheese, or cheddar –
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 8-oz. tubes crescent rolls, refrigerated
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 325?.
- Mix together all ingredients except the crescent rolls and the egg. On a parchment lined sheet pan, lay out the rolled out crescent rolls. Press together the perforations and cut each rectangle into 4 strips starting half way from the center. Place the spinach mixture along the center of the dough. Bring sides up in a braid pattern to mostly cover the spinach mixture. Brush with beaten egg.
- Place sheet pan in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. It should be dark golden brown and cooked throughout.