Meatless Monday has been around for a while and we are embracing the need to reduce meats in our diet. Now we are challenged with the next step. Our doctors are saying more plant based foods are best.
Here are some easy and tasty ways to add more plant based power!
Braised Rosemary White Beans: These satisfying beans keep well in the refrigerator and are good as a hearty stew for lunch or spread on pitas with veggies as a snack. Protein and fiber-packed goodness.
Also try these plant based recipes:
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 3 cans cannellini or white navy beans,
- drained and rinsed
- 11/4 cup vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. salt, or to taste
- In a saucepan, warm olive oil. Add shallots and cook for several minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic, rosemary, and oregano. Stir and cook for about 2-3 more minutes.
- Add beans and broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes or until the liquid begins to thicken.
- Add salt to taste. (I typically use about a half tsp. of kosher salt.)