Families across the country are dusting off their stoves and rediscovering the art of home cooking. In fact, the Food Channel recently released its Food Trends list and home cooking ranked number one, which is not surprising in today’s tough economic climate. As America returns to the kitchen, simple, crowd-pleasing and budget-friendly recipes are in high demand. One secret to success is stocking the pantry with flavorful and nourishing basics that can inspire a variety of delicious dishes. Even some of your favorite pantry items like Campbell’s Tomato soup offer a healthy, flavorful and versatile base for a meal.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) Campbell’s Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 envelope (about 1 ounce) dry onion soup and recipe mix
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup water
- Thoroughly mix the beef, ½ cup tomato soup, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and egg in a large bowl.
- Place the mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan and firmly shape into an 8 x 4-inch loaf.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the meatloaf is cooked through.
- Let the meatloaf stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Heat 2 tablespoons pan drippings, remaining tomato soup and water in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Serve the sauce with the meatloaf.
“Now when you cook with Campbell’s Tomato soup, your meals will be even better for your family because we have reduced the sodium in our soup by 32 percent, while ensuring this favorite still delivers the great taste people have loved for more than 100 years,” said Tom Helsel, a chef at Campbell Soup Company. “From satisfying casseroles to quick weeknight stir-fries, Campbell’s Tomato soup can help busy families put healthy, low-cost meals on the table quickly.”