On July 4th, the perfect party calls for friends, food, fireworks and plenty of red, white and blue.
“It’s an easy party to pull off,” says Nancy Siler, vice president of consumer affairs at Wilton. “Our celebration experts have created a patriotic themed spread of sweet and savory treats to provide star-spangled fun for everyone.”
Start the festivities off with a bang using festive tableware and decorations like 4th of July party pics — a simple way to add spark to any celebration. Play up the Independence Day theme throughout — from beverage to dessert.
“Serve an easy-to-eat meal dressed up with holiday colors,” says Siler. “4th of July Sliders on Cornbread Buns are a delicious spin on the classic burger. The cornbread buns are baked using the Wilton Star Whoopie Pie Pan to add a festive twist to the traditional bun.”
- Cornbread Buns:
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ pound ground chuck
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ small yellow onion, minced (about ⅓ cup)
- ⅓ cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 5 to 6 dashes hot sauce, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Star Whoopie Pie Pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Add sour cream, oil and eggs, stirring just until smooth.
- Fill cavities ¾ full, spreading batter to edges of star.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until center of bun springs back when touched.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove to cooling grid.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium high heat.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Form into twelve 2-1/2-inch patties.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with star buns and your favorite condiments.