Summertime in my house is all about vegetables! I spend a lot of time processing vegetables. At least one big veggie salad a week is on the dinner menu.
These chopped salads are great! They add lots of boosts in flavor and pops of crunch. Once again, recipes are only suggestions. Make it yours with your favorite ingredients and especially with those you have on hand.
The big thing about chopped salad is chopping everything up pretty small and all about the same size. As my friend Peggy says, “Chopping is calming for me.”
Quite frankly, sometimes I just need to get some frustrations out by banging that knife around!
When I began my research for great chopped salad recipe everyone said Palmer’s! It is also my favorite local chopped salad. It is so fresh, crunchy and popping with amazing flavor. I love mine with blackened shrimp. Owner, Ashley Edwards, was kind enough to share the vinaigrette recipe with all of us.
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- ½ cup brussels sprouts, shaved
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup red cabbage
- ½ cup chopped kale
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- Lemon Ginger Vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (the juice of about 2 lemons)
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Chop all of the veggies up into about pea-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients. Toss a small amount with the salad. Toss, toss, toss. Taste and adjust.