Voting? What to Know Before You Go!
- Make sure to check voter registration, sample ballot, and poll location through the Secretary of State Office. (www.sos.ga.gov) Due to the recent redistricting, voters may find themselves in new districts for both state offices and county offices.
- Check out early voting opportunities in your county. Early Voting will be conducted July 9th – July 28th including Saturday, July 21st.
- Before going to the polls, make sure to research the candidates and issues that will appear on the ballot. The 2012 Voter Guide is an excellent tool to help voters. Get informed and then exercise your right to vote!
- All voters should carry an acceptable photo identification to the polls. Information on Voter Photo ID Cards and the full list of acceptable photo identification is available at the Secretary of State’s office. (www.sos.ga.gov)
- Finally, remind your friends, family, and community members of the importance of voting. Every election is important, so bring a friend to the polls with you! Your vote is your voice.
The League of Women Voters of Georgia is a non-partisan organization that has promoted citizens’ education and active involvement in government since 1920. The League continues their dedication to empowering voters through education initiatives and partnerships with organizations that are also committed to educating Georgia voters.