The holidays are upon us, which means not only are you preparing those huge meals, but you also have an endless stream of other fun and festive get-togethers with hungry guests. To help you whip up those extra special dishes during the holidays, the folks at Carnation have created some rich and creamy holiday recipes.
To use those leftovers, try Turkey & Cranberry Encore Salad – the combination of the uniquely creamy cranberry dressing along with fresh greens and succulent turkey make the perfect post-holiday entree. You’ll be happy for the leftovers.
- ⅔ cup (5-fluid-ounce can) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk
- ½cup jellied or whole-berry cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 bag (10 ounces) mixed salad greens of your choice
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) cooked turkey, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- ⅓ cup dried sweetened cranberries
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- FOR DRESSING: PLACE evaporated milk, cranberry sauce and Italian dressing in small jar or container; cover tightly with lid.
- Shake for 1 to 2 minutes. Makes about 1½ cups. (Dressing can be made in advance and refrigerated for up to 2 days. Shake well before using.)
- FOR SALAD: TOSS greens, turkey, blue cheese and ¾ cup dressing in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with cranberries and walnuts.
- Serve immediately and with additional dressing, if desired.
- Refrigerate any remaining dressing.