At this time of the year, the markets are full of fresh, plump and local berries – the best things ever, at least in my humble opinion. They’re delicious, juicy and sweet, and even better, they’re also good for you. Berries are low in calories, high in fiber, and they contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants your body needs to function normally. These are truly super foods!
Strawberry Gorgonzola Spring Salad
This is the quintessential spring and summer salad in my book. You can swap out other fruits and berries for the strawberries, and you can always use goat cheese or feta cheese instead of the Gorgonzola cheese.
- 4 large handfuls spring greens or baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (or use goat, other blue or feta cheese)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion (to taste)
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- ¼ cup Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar (Branch & Vine)
- 2 Tbsp. Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Branch & Vine)
- 2 Tbsp. regular Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. poppy seeds
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Place greens, strawberries, cheese, onions and pecans in large salad bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, oils, and poppy seeds, and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle on about half of the dressing, toss salad and serve the rest of the dressing on the side.