Dessert for breakfast? Or breakfast for dessert? Either way, you can’t go wrong!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 12 1-inch-thick slices French bread
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream or whipped butter
1. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Stir brown sugar, butter, peanut butter and corn syrup in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Pour peanut butter mixture into baking dish. Place bread slices over mixture, trimming to fit.
2. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, vanilla and almond extracts in a medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
3. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove cover. Bake 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Invert onto large serving platter. Cut into servings. Serve with whipped cream or whipped butter.
Courtesy of Jif/ Family Features