Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: Just over 1 cup salad
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, whole leaf
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup crushed, toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup canola oil
In large bowl, combine kale, hazelnuts, cranberries, blue cheese and parsley. Set aside.
To prepare vinaigrette: In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except canola oil using immersion blender. Then slowly blend in canola oil until emulsion forms.
Add Hazelnut-Balsamic Vinaigrette to Kale Salad, toss and serve.