These Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are super easy to make and super healthy! (I have been known to eat them for breakfast.)
Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Author: Jill Prouty
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 very ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup reduced fat peanut butter
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1½ cup oats (quick or old fashioned)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together the bananas, peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add in the oats, walnuts, chocolate chips, and coconut; stir until well combined.
- Spoon a rounded 2 tbsp. mixture onto the lined baking sheet, leaving an inch or two between each. Gently press 2-3 chocolate chips into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes and allow to cool.