Grilled Artichoke and Asparagus Mini Pizzas
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup 2-inch pieces fresh asparagus, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup pitted mixed olives, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted garlic
- 1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 14- to 16-ounce ball of pizza dough
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated dry jack cheese (plus additional for topping)
- Toasted walnuts (optional topping)
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in olives, peppers, garlic and artichoke hearts; cook for a few minutes more to heat through. Season with salt and pepper; set aside and keep warm.
Divide pizza dough into two equal pieces. Roll each out into an 8 x 10-inch oval on a lightly floured board, and brush both sides with remaining olive oil.
Grill over medium-high heat for about 1 minute on each side, or until puffed and lightly charred. Reduce heat to low and top with cheeses; cook for 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted, rotating pizzas once or twice to help cook evenly.
Top with vegetable mixture and additional dry jack and walnuts, if desired.
Courtesy of Family Features / Mirrasou