Author: Quick & Simple
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, visible fat trimmed away
- 1 lb boneless pork tenderloin
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 New Mexico chili pods or other dried chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 5 cups water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 24 corn tortillas, 6-inch
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 pound reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Combine first 10 ingredients in large stockpot; cover with 5 cups water.
- Set pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes, or until meat is cooked through.
- Remove meat, chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Strain broth to discard chilies and return to pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1 cup broth until smooth.
- Bring remaining broth to a boil; whisk in cornstarch mixture until broth is thickened.
- Return meat to broth and toss to coat evenly.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add tortillas (1 or 2 at a time) and toast briefly, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- To assemble, place 2 tortillas on each plate.
- Spoon meat mixture onto center of each.
- Top with lettuce, cheese and avocado.
- Garnish tops with sprigs of fresh cilantro.