The Children’s Village at Christian City cares for abandoned, abused, and neglected children, who would otherwise have no safe place to go. These children are given a safe place to live, nutritious meals prepared by loving Christian house parents, and a comfortable place to sleep without the fear of abuse in the night or abandonment in the morning. The Children’s Village is asking for support from the community with the following:
- Sponsor A Child: Choose a boy or a girl to sponsor and receive their photo, profile and updates. $30 a month helps to pay for the child’s basic needs.
- Participate in the Griddle Gallop 5k run/1 mile walk or roll on October 27th. Free pancake breakfast afterwards!
- Donations to Graceland Thrift Store. Proceeds help to pay for the education of the children who live in the cottages. Volunteers are needed to work in the Thrift Store to accept donations, sort, and help with customers
- Gift cards to Wal-Mart, Target, Kroger, or Publix
- Boxed macaroni and cheese, canned pasta, rice, and noodles
- Kid friendly cereals
- Cleaning products and high efficiency laundry detergent
- Personal and dental hygiene items
- Toilet tissue and paper products
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Individually wrapped snacks and drinks for lunches
Please contact Heidi Becker at 770-703-2636 for drop off details or for more information about the Children’s Village and how you can Sponsor A Child. Christian City has been caring for abandoned and abused children in a family centered residential setting since 1965. Children live in cottages with full time house parents. Over 1,500 children have called Christian City “home.” For more information, please visit our website at www.christiancity.org.