An easy and healthy weeknight casserole that will satisfy your comfort food craving.
Total Cook Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 cup Uncle Ben’s Converted Brand Rice, dry
- 3 1/2 cups frozen carrot, peas and corn blend
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces) cream of chicken condensed soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 sheet puff pastry, commercially prepared
Mix rice, vegetables, pepper, soup, water, milk and chicken in a casserole dish.
Cover in foil and bake in oven for 45 minutes.
Uncover and top with puff pastry dough, and bake for another 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Serve warm and enjoy together.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Calories: 210; Fat: 3 grams; Cholesterol: 25 mg; Carbohydrates: 32 grams; Dietary Fiber: 2 grams; Protein: 14 grams; Iron: 10% DV