When game day arrives and friends and family are gathered around the big screen to cheer your team to victory, the only thing missing is some great grub to make the celebration complete.
Putting together an all-star spread is actually easier than you may think. Simple recipes featuring high-quality ingredients make it possible to serve up big flavor without a lot of fuss.
Create a DIY pizza station. Prepare dough ahead of time or purchase individual serving size crusts and invite guests to make their own personal pizzas. Provide an array of fresh veggies, meats and herbs for endless combinations. Don’t forget plenty of quality cheese, and for a special twist, add some unexpected flavors, such as Jarlsberg Brand Cheese. Best known as a classic wedge, this nutty, mild cheese is also wonderful shredded for a uniquely delicious pizza flavor. Get guests started with this Cheese, Mushroom and Herb Game Day Pizza and then invite them to get creative on their own.
- 1 premade pizza dough (14-16 ounces)
- 5 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 diced Roma tomatoes
- 8 ounces shredded Jarlsberg Cheese
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 8-10 sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Arugula (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Follow premade pizza dough instructions on package.
- Spread thin layer of tomato sauce and fresh tomatoes on uncooked pizza dough, sprinkle with cheeses, top with mushrooms and finish with oregano.
- Bake pizza in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Garnish with arugula, if desired.