10 Family Travel Tips
Spring is almost here, and summer is right around the corner! This means increased family travel and fun with the kids. Here are 10 family travel tips:
- Pack light – this might not sound easy when we are used to overflowing diaper bags, but with the Babee Covee, a new baby blanket and cover that is six uses in one, you can save a ton of space but have all what you need with a little one in tow. Not to mention the time you will save from packing or turning back to the house when you forgot something.
- Always have wipes – use them for everything…from cleaning the usual suspects of diapers to hands and the unexpected mess on you, on them or in the car. I don’t leave home without them.
- Bring snacks – for the fussy child or the adult, it’s always better to have a snack to stay on track. Hungry people get cranky; snacks will help avoid this.
- Have a box of “tricks” – before going on any travel whether by car or plane, I always head to the $1 store to grab a whole bunch of stuff. So, when necessary, I can give the kids something new and exciting. When you arrive at your destination pack the tricks away so on the return home the toys will be exciting still!
- Layer up – you can never predict the weather so it’s always good to have a few layers to take you from morning until night. It’s much easier to take off than to not have enough. Being cold is not fun for anyone.
- Charge up – when all else fails, hand your child your phone. Be sure to have a backup battery or charger. There are a ton of smart phone apps that kids can play with too depending on their age.
- Use GPS – especially when traveling far, it’s best to know where you are going than to guess. Kids can’t wait to arrive so avoid lengthening the trip by not getting lost.
- Bring a friend — the more the merrier so if you can plan a trip with others, do so. Then, you can create lasting family memories together.
- Be comfortable – you’re traveling not going on an interview!
- Have fun! You are with your family, enjoy them! Life is too precious.
To interview Alma Moussa, Co-Inventor of the trendy must have baby item, Babee Covee, please contact Tasha Mayberry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207.317.6099.